Friday, January 21, 2011

Writing My Memoir Journey:


Ian and I have come down to Margaret River for a well earned break just for a few days; as usual we spent some time in the Margaret River bookshop...and I spotted this book “write your memoir – the soul work for telling your story” by Dr Allan G Hunter....what attracted me to this particular book is that it refers to your writing as your soul work, that resonated with me, because I think that when you write your life story you have to also be thinking at a deeper level and this may also bring about change...so I had to have it...my wonderful husband Ian bought it for me.


Ian is such a patient man, he supports all that I do, he must think there she goes again...another project started. In his wisdom, he said ok, this is a great place for you to start writing, and he is correct it is tranquil, nature surrounds, the birds, butterflies and flies for company and the occasional truck or car that flies along the road, just to remind you that life goes on. I start to type away on my computer under the grand Oak tree that has its own stories to tell, I can at least say the memoir has begun.

I have wanted to write my story for many years it is something I want to do for myself and I did begin several years ago compiling a timeline of events to keep me on track, I will have to put it together with this work and keep writing. This off course is a long term goal, so I will chip away at it slowly. We have decided that it would be good to book a regular yearly holiday to Basildene Manor to keep the project going.... and Ian well he is sitting beside me listening to his ipod story..... enjoying the same wonderful peace and quiet.....


Busselton Jetty:

No comments:

Save Homebirth

Home Birth Australia