Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Time, Love, Passion and Life: Children:



Time is of the essence; My mother use to say "Pauline there is only time for the quick and the dead" I wish I had Hermione Granger, time watch... that alters time so you can fit it all in...from the Harry Potter movies. There is no doubt that I am a work-a-holic... I have been very well trained for this...again mother use to say "don't sleep your life away, get up and do something".

Over the years I have learned to relax and wind down... I love spending time with Ian on our spontaneous outings...or our occasional golf game.... and the day trips with the Grandchildren are a genuine treat..this is what memories are made of.....even the sitting and watching a Disney cartoon with them is delightful.... Finding the balance with 7 soon to be 8 grandchildren, and a passion for my work can be difficult....but I think the time spent with the children make it more special for both of us....if I was to ask the grandchildren what are their favourite moments with me, it will have something to do with going out on one of Nana's trips...



I have collected a few sayings that really sum up what I think about time.....that relates to family, work and life..... can you guess which one I like most?
Time is making fools of us again. ~J.K. Rowling

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

If you want work well done, select a busy man - the other kind has no time. ~Elbert Hubbard

"Time is a great healer, but a poor beautician." - Lucille S. Harper

"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff that life is made of." - Benjamin Franklin

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." - Michael Altshuler

"All the flowers of all of the tomorrows are in the seeds of today."- Chinese Proverb

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." - Helen Keller

Love makes the world go round.....I think of love and remember the first movie I saw about love.....yes the classic "Love Story" with Ryan O'Neil & All McGraw:
"Where do I begin (Andy Williams)
To tell the story of how great a love can be
The sweet love story that is older than the sea
The simple truth about the love she brings to me
Where do I start


The other great movie that I watch when i just want to switch off or feeling low...that gives me a lift is the wonderful "Sound of Music" I love the scene when Christopher Plumber kisses Julie Andrews for the first time... on the garden bench....it is just such a romantic moment...I know it's sad... but I love it...



love is what makes life worthwhile, I could not be me without my family and friends; the profound love that you have for your children is for some reason multiplied with your grandchildren.... and I think this is because you are wiser, less strict, you can see the error of your ways as you get older.... or you become a soft touch for those beguiling eyes...they are just so beautiful....
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. Walt Disney

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. Woodrow Wilson (1856-1924)

Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh, be swift to love, make haste to be kind. Henri Frédéric Amiel

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life. Greg Anderson

Teach only love for that is what you are.
A Course In Miracles


I love life, my family and I am passionate about women, midwifery, midwives, law, ethics, fairness & equality and having fun with my children..... but most of all I want to achieve my dreams and vision...and teach the grandchildren about being passionate and following dreams.....for this I need the love and support from my family.....because this is who I am and what is most important next to them.....time is of the essence:





ref for picture;http://www.flickr.com/photos/shewatchedthesky/2835193235/
Passion: http://www.art.com/products/p10345310-sa-i1058105/paula-scaletta-passion.htm

No comments:

Save Homebirth

Home Birth Australia